Hello, friends welcome to Studydev. Today we are going to give you information about How to start preparation for UPSC in this post. You must know that many students in India have a dream, How to be IAS in India. But many students do not know how to prepare for the civil service exam.
So if you also want to do UPSC starting preparation but you do not know what to study for IAS. So you stay with this post till the end, you are going to get all the important tips and information for civil service exam preparation in this article.
What Is UPSC Exam?
If we talk about the UPSC exam, then it is an exam conducted every year by the Government of India. We also know UPSC by the name of civil services. The full form of UPSC is – Union Public Service Commission.
Whenever you start preparing for UPSC, you get to hear other names like civil services. You have three papers for the UPSC exam. Your first paper is prelims, second is the Mains exam. When you clear these two, then, at last, you are called for an interview. After this job position is given to you according to your ranking. You are given big posts like IAS, IPS, and IFS after clearing UPSC.
How To Start Preparation for UPSC
You must know that UPSC is a very big exam. For this, many children do preparation every year. You should be very patient and mind control while preparing for it. We are going to tell you How To Start Preparation for UPSC for Beginners in this post.
Without this, whatever questions arise in your mind like – How should I start preparing for UPSC, The one-year timetable for UPSC, How to prepare UPSC prelims when to start preparing for IAS, and last in the Minimum time required to prepare for IAS, etc.
Let us tell you that UPSC asks for only three things from you. Like your Knowledge, Maturity, and lastly your Personality. If you fulfill all these three qualities then you can prepare for UPSC.
How To Start Preparation for UPSC For Beginners
If we talk about the first step of UPSC preparation then first of all you have to crack the prelims exam. In this, you are asked about General Studies and this paper is of 400 marks. If you clear the first paper then you have to appear in the Mains exam.
You only have to clear the prelims exam. But the minus exam is 1750 marks. In this, there are 4 papers of your General Studies. In which each paper has 250 marks. Without this, you have to have an optional subject of 500 marks and essay writing of 250 marks.
After this, you are called for an Interview and according to your ranking, you are given a post.
Read More: How To Join Merchant Navy In India
How to Start Preparing For UPSC
Step – 1
- If you want to do UPSC exam preparation then you have to first download its syllabus.
- To download the syllabus, you should download the syllabus according to their previous year’s notification or new notification of this year. This syllabus should be your prelims and minus both.
- In this, students with Hindi medium download both the formats Hindi and English, and students with English medium download only English language syllabus.
Step – 2
- After doing all this, you have to download the previous year’s question paper for UPSC exam preparation. You get it from their official website. Both these papers are a must for prelims and minus.
- You should also have Solvay papers without it. This is going to help you a lot.
- Stick your syllabus on your wall while you prepare. This keeps your eye on it all the time. Or keep your syllabus and previous question paper on the study table.
Step – 3
The third step is UPSC 1 year Study Plan, in this, you should first read NCERT or the Textbook. This clears your basics. But many people do not know this. How to read it and which books to read.
Without this, many students also have a question that how important is the UPSC preparation time. If you do UPSC prep from the beginning of the year means from the month of January. And if you give your exam next year then you have 1 to 1.5 years time for UPSC preparation.
If you prepare from January month then you have to read NCERT books two to three times. Because you don’t understand NCERT Books the first time. That’s why you have 6 to 8 months to read the NCERT book.
If you want to read the NCERT book then you have to first read previous year’s papers for this. For example, if you are studying NCERT of geography, then you have to read the previous year’s paper on geography itself. This tells you the pattern of the paper.
How To Start Preparation for UPSC
When your basics are cleared then you will prepare for its mains in which you have a paper of General Studies, Essay Writing, and Optional Subject. You have to do its preparation together.
If we talk about the Optional subject, then you have to choose such a subject for it. Whose marks pattern is good. For example, if you are from a Hindi medium, then you should choose Hindi literature, Hindi culture, etc. in the option. Rest you can watch according to your interest.
How to Prepare For General Studies
- If we talk about the preparation of General Studies, then after the first 6 months you have to prepare for the mains paper. In this, you have to prepare for General Studies, Essay Writing.
- If we talk about General Studies, then in this you have to study Art and Culture subject. And you should make your notes for mains preparation. It will help you read it a couple of times. Without art and culture, your Geography preparation also goes with it.
- Without this, you should also keep practicing Essay writing. You should also read current affairs daily. For this you can read The Hindu Newspaper and Indian Express.
- Without this, you can read some magazines like “Yojna” to increase your knowledge. It is available in Hindi, English, and other languages.
Best Books For UPSC- Preparation For IAS
#History and Art & Culture
- Ancient India by R.S Sharma
- History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- India after Independence by Bipan Chandra
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- International Relations: Pushpesh Pant
- Indian Economy – Nitin Singhania
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- Geography of India by Majid Husain
- World Geography by Majid Husain
How To Prepare For UPSC Video
FAQ ABOUT How To Prepare For IAS
So, friends, we end our post on this, today we have given you information about How To Start Preparation for UPSC Information in this post. We have tried to give you all the information related to the How To Start Preparation for UPSC in this post so that you do not have to resort to any other website for any information.
So if you liked this hard work of ours, then do share it with your friends on the social media channels given below so that they also get such information.